Fall is in full-swing, which means winter is just around the corner. Each season bears its own list of essential automotive maintenance tasks, and there are certain car care duties you can perform to keep your car running in tip-top shape. Here are a few fall car care tips you should address this season to prepare your car for winter.
- Check your tires: The hot roads and pavement during summer can be tough on your tires, so you will want to check your tire treads and make sure they’re not too worn now. You will also want to check tire pressure, as fluctuating external temperatures can cause the air pressure and inflation to drop.
- Check vehicle lights: Since the sun sets earlier in the fall and winter months, it’s important to make sure all your lights are working for nighttime driving. Check the bulbs and clean off hazy glass.
- Check windshield wiper blades and fluid: Hot summer weather can dry out your wiper blades, causing them to streak and not work as effectively. Fall is the perfect time to replace your wiper blades so you can improve visibility during rainy fall weather and winter snow storms.
- Check heating and defroster system: Not only does the heating system keep you and your passengers warm, but it also keeps your windows defogged.
- Check battery: To start your vehicle in the cold, it’s necessary to have a charged battery. Have your battery and charging system checked in the fall to make sure you’re good to go when the weather gets colder.
If your vehicle needs seasonal maintenance work done to it, bring it to the Fuller Chevrolet GMC Truck service center. We’ll make sure your car is ready for autumn.